Grounds For Sculpture
is situated on the former New Jersey State Fairgrounds and includes three of its major historic buildings, restored for a variety of purposes. When you come to Grounds For Sculpture you can expect to find:
• A constantly evolving collection of superb contemporary outdoor sculptures
• 42 magnificently landscaped acres in which to stroll
• Rotating exhibitions in six indoor galleries
• A year-round schedule of performing arts events
• Tours of all sorts, including moonlight tours
• Classes, speakers and community events for all ages
• Spectacular dining and must-have merchandise in all price ranges
• A surprise around every corner
• A place to host your own party or event
Grounds For Sculpture was established in 1992 to promote an understanding of and appreciation for contemporary sculpture for all people by:
– maintaining a 42-acre sculpture park composed of works by well-known and emerging American and international artists in Hamilton, NJ
– organizing accessible exhibitions; and
– interpreting these exhibitions through publications, lectures, workshops and other educational programs.
In accordance with its mission, Grounds For Sculpture presents visitors with an evolving permanent outdoor collection, seasonal exhibitions, and educational programs designed to facilitate the understanding of and appreciation for contemporary sculpture.
- A Message From Seward JohnsonFounder of Grounds For SculptureOur vision for Grounds For Sculpture is that it will continue to fill people everywhere with the emotional sustenance derived from the powerful and restorative connection between art and nature.If I had to distill into one mission statement all the ideas that went into creating Grounds For Sculpture, it would be this:To create a place to make contemporary sculpture more accessible to greater numbers of people from all backgrounds; to offer them the opportunity to develop privately, step-by step, a more intimate relationship with contemporary art; to share that experience with others in a familiar, accessible, informal setting in nature—giving them the chance, as Picasso said, to wash away “from the soul the dust of everyday life.”
Sunday, 10am to 6pm
Grounds for Sculpture is located at:
80 Sculptors Way
Hamilton, NJ 08619
For general inquiries please call (609) 586-0616 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit Grounds For Sculpture for more information.